The Biller is responsible for the accurate collection, batching, and inputting all patient charges and performing any necessary follow-up.
High School diploma or equivalent; College degree preferred. Coding experience preferred.
Representative Job Duties
- Accurately inputs charge batches for patients on an ongoing basis.
- Closes all charge batches and time of service payments in the computer system daily.
- Handles daily electronic claims submission and daily paper claims.
- Responds promptly to inquiries; corresponds with patients in a professional manner. Handles phone and person-to-person inquiries professionally.
- Maintains a good working relationship with staff at all levels of the Center.
- Reviews and research remittances for denied and suspended claims and resubmits for payment. Prepares all documentation for appeals process.
- Updates information into departmental database and relates all information to billing personnel if necessary.
- Assists in printing, mailing, and processing weekly patient statements.
- Reports, monitors and works outstanding insurance daily. Pulls any required EOBs.
- Orders, records and mails all refills and tracers.
- Mails rejections, write-offs, and patient and insurance inquiries.
- Works secondary claims; Blue Cross, Medicaid, Medex weekly and remaining insurance weekly.
- Pulls any required EOB’s.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Competitive benefits package. Generous tuition reimbursement after 1 year of service.
Please send resumes to:
Email | email@example.com