Under the general supervision of the Credentialing Manager and the Chief Operating Officer, the Coordinator would support all functions of the Credentialing process, including assisting with the appointment/reappointment/credentialing process for all providers and with all insurance carriers as appropriate. Maintains staff information in computer software systems; provides information to requesting departments, external agencies; develops and implements new systems and procedures as necessary.
BA/BS required; excellent computer skills, background in healthcare required and experience with the credentialing process recommended.
Representative Job Duties
- Coordinates, reviews and processes applications for appointments and reappointments to BMC and insurance carriers as appropriate.
- Assures all practicing providers are 100% compliant with credentialing requirements at all times.
- Assigns unique National Provider Identifiers (NPI) to staff members as appropriate.
- Notifies appropriate parties on the status or provider privileges.
- Maintains and updates provider data base with license, DEA licenses (federal and state) CPR, Malpractice insurance, health insurance participation.
- Coordinates CPR courses at SBCHC.
- Maintains files on all providers with appropriate correspondence and documentation on credentialing and practice privileges.
- Maintains effective communication with providers, licensing agencies, insurance carriers, hospital medical staff offices to ensure an efficient credentialing process.
- Prepares and distributes lists, letters, reports regarding all credentialing issues (i.e.; Board approval, Temporary Privilege letters, confirmation of insurance, credentialing, etc.)
- Maintains a vendor file and reviews the OIG Exclusion List and the GSA Debarred List for all established vendors.
Competitive benefits package. Tuition assistance available after 1 year of service.
Please send resumes to:
Email | email@example.com