The dental assistant is responsible for assisting the dental provider, ensuring that there are adequate dental supplies and clean treatment rooms, reviewing charts, and assisting with receptionist tasks as needed.
Certification from dental assistant program; Computer skills; Ability to work with people; Good organizational skills.
Representative Job Duties
- Escorts patients to treatment room, preparing them for treatment and explaining treatments.
- Check on patient comfort; communicate clearly to patients and allay any patient anxiety.
- Prepare necessary treatment materials in accurate and timely manner.
- Hand dental instruments to dentist in an accurate and timely manner.
- Place pit and fissure sealants; perform dental polishing and apply topical fluoride for children.
- Expose radiographs according to protocol.
- Involved in Center’s patient quality and safety practices. Participates in QI projects. Identifies problems and makes suggestions for improvements.
- Performs impressions for study casts and custom trays.
- Assist the dentist chairside and performs tasks as specifically outlined by the Massachusetts Board of Dentistry.
- Maintain inventory and stock of dental supplies. Place orders when necessary as directed by the Dental Manager.
- Sterilize and maintain instruments and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competitive benefits package. Generous tuition reimbursement after 1 year of service.
Please send resumes to:
Email | email@example.com