The dental hygienist is responsible for performing direct patient care for dental cleanings; in addition the position details patient history, performs patient education, and performs dental assistant duties as needed.
Appropriate academic training; license from Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Representative Job Duties
- Assess dental needs of patient, using screening procedures including medical history review, dental charting, and perio charting. Takes vital signs as required.
- Delivers direct patient care according to procedures; performs cleaning, polishing, x-rays, application of sealants, fluorides, and other routine procedures.
- Provides chair-side assistance to dentist in the performance of special tests, procedures, and complex treatment.
- Makes impression of patient’s teeth for study casts.
- Develops and implements individualized dental care plans to patients.
- Performs patient education, discharge planning, and patient/family teaching under the supervision of a qualified dentist.
- Documents dental history of chief complaint; records and reports pertinent observations and patient’s reactions to dental staff as appropriate.
- Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments during the treatment of patients.
- Analyzes records in terms of protocols and state and federal regulations. Ability to set up and prepare dental equipment and instrumentation in accordance to established regulations and guidelines.
- Involved in Center’s patient quality and safety practices. Participates in QI projects. Identifies problems and makes suggestions for improvements.
- Assists in the education and supervision of dental hygiene students, as outlined by clinical affiliation agreements.
- Evaluates patient schedule daily and works closely with the front desk (PSA’s) to make sure appointments are filled.
- Assists with infection control and sterilization, and prepares patient treatment rooms.
- Performs all delegable tasks under the supervision of the dentist, as outlined by the Massachusetts Board of Dentistry.
- Assumes other duties as required.
Competitive benefits package. Generous tuition assistance after 1 year of service.
Please send resumes to:
Email | email@example.com