The Mammography/radiology technician is responsible for all radiology and mammography procedures performed at South Boston Community Health Center.
Graduate from an accredited radiology program; Up to date certification as a radiology technologist and a mammography technician.
Representative Job Duties
- Sets up equipment, adjusts and operated controls according to specific diagnostic procedures and in accordance with established technique and routine.
- Prepares patients for examinations insuring comfort and modesty.
- Lifts patients on and off examination tables/equipment as necessary for desired results in radiology and mammography.
- Positions patients to obtain desired radiographic/ mammographic results according to established procedures and physician specifications.
- Ensures that each person has been told what the exam entails.
- Places protective lead shields on patients and follows established safety standards.
- Reports unusual incidents or circumstances, hazards and patient conditions to supervisor.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to all ages of patients.
- Maintains work areas and equipment in clean and orderly condition following infection control procedures after each patient examination.
- Attends all necessary in-services and participates in quality improvement programs for both radiology and mammography services.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Competitive benefits package. Generous tuition assistance available after 1 year of service.
Please send resumes to:
Email | email@example.com