The Medical Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and clerical duties for the Center. The workflow includes responding to requests for information and assistance from patients and providers, scheduling appointments, verifying information, collecting and recording data, maintaining and updating records and files, and facilitating patient care.
Certificate from a medical assistant/medical administrative assistant school; college degree preferred.
Representative Job Duties
- Coordinates with staff prior to opening clinic for clinic readiness.
- Works closely with providers throughout the day to provide follow up for patients regarding appointments, prescriptions, forms, and/or test results; may prepare medical encounter forms for patient charts.
- Manages multiple phone lines efficiently and responds appropriately to emergencies and non-emergency phone calls; provides information, assistance and referrals.
- Maintains a steady flow of appointments for patients and providers
- Prepares reports and requested correspondence by collecting data and inputting information into spreadsheets and databases.
- May serve as a fax server for the organization to send and receive faxes, downloads and scans; distributes information to providers or other staff as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality with confidential files and information for departments.
- Receives and delivers mail to employees.
- Works on special projects or other duties as assigned.
Competitive benefits package. Generous tuition assistance after 1 year of service.
Please send resumes to:
Email | firstname.lastname@example.org