The Medical Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and clerical duties for the Health Center. The workflow includes responding to requests for information and assistance from patients and providers, scheduling appointments, verifying information, collecting and recording data, maintaining and updating records and files, and facilitating patient care.
Certificate from a medical assistant/medical administrative assistant school; college degree preferred.
Representative Job Duties
- Coordinates with staff prior to opening clinic for clinic readiness.
- Acts as administrative assistant for all clinic needs.
- Manages multiple phone lines efficiently and responds appropriately to emergencies and non-emergency phone calls; provides information, assistance and referrals.
- Works closely with providers throughout the day to provide follow up for patients regarding appointments, prescriptions, forms, and/or test results.
- Coordinates appointments for clinical providers, booking and rescheduling as needed and alerting appropriate managers when needed appointments are not available.
- Prepares appropriate screening forms and paperwork for patients and they check in to their appointments.
- Sends and organizes received faxes for patient care, downloads and scans; distributes information to providers or other staff as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality with all patient information.
- Receives and delivers mail within departments.
- Works on special projects or other duties as assigned.
Competitive benefits package. Generous tuition assistance after 1 year of service.
Please send resumes to:
Email | email@example.com