The phlebotomy technician draws quality blood samples from patients or blood donors and prepares those specimens for medical testing. The technician has direct contact with patients and must create an atmosphere of trust and confidence while explaining procedures, taking blood pressure, pulse and respiration readings, and drawing blood specimens in a skillful, safe and accurate manner.
Phlebotomists prepare blood samples and clean and sterilize equipment, following strict safety precautions. A phlebotomist must work well under pressure and be sensitive to confidentiality and accuracy in recording a patient's blood history.
Previous phlebotomy experience; certification preferred. Ability to work well with people. Ability to function calmly under stress.
Representative Job Duties
- Performs phlebotomy procedures accurately, ensuring proper patient identification, proper collection techniques, with proper equipment for all age groups.
- Requisition, transport, and process specimens properly.
- Educate patient properly in terms of specimen collection.
- Participate in laboratory quality assurance program by identifying potential or existing problems/opportunities to improve quality of care or services.
- Act professionally with patients adhering to the medical ethics, legal aspects, and Patient Bill of Rights.
- Has appropriate understanding of all specialized equipment used for work.
- Participates in the multidisciplinary team for patient care.
- Has adequate knowledge of all laboratory functions, laboratory terminology, and Center functions.
- Understands infection control and practices preventive techniques, and recognizes regulatory agencies and their function.
- Understands basic anatomy, the functions of the body systems, and the components of the circulatory system.
- Records and retrieves laboratory data from on-site and references laboratories. Has competent knowledge of the information system.
- Assumes other duties as required.
Please send resumes to:
Email | email@example.com