The Referral Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all South Boston Community Health Center’s patients through the referral process.
High School Diploma; knowledge of the referral and prior authorization system.
Representative Job Duties
- Collects request for SBCHC and outside specialists or diagnostic visits and determines whether managed care authorization is needed.
- Obtains provider authorization (or denial) for a referral and notifies outside specialists and patients of authorization numbers.
- Documents in the medical record: details about referral; the steps to making the referral ; and communications regarding the referral
- Serves as liaison between the outside specialist and referring physician and schedules internal and external appointments.
- Notifies patients of scheduled appointments and educates them about their appointments and any necessary preparation.
- Interacts with insurance companies to obtain the prior authorizations for the patients for high tech radiology procedures and dealing with out of network referrals and worker’s comp. cases.
- Assumes other duties as required.
Competitive benefits package. Generous tuition reimbursement after 1 year of service.
Please send resumes to:
Email | email@example.com