The Registered Nurse promotes and restores patient’s health as she/he prescribes provides, delegates, evaluates and coordinates comprehensive professional nursing care through the use of the nursing process for patients of all ages, gender, cultures, and background; provide physical and psycho-social support to patients, friends, and families. This individual may oversee clinical care of other personnel including Medical Assistants.
Degree from an accredited school of registered nursing; active license for Registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Representative Job Duties
- Consistently and effectively utilizes all steps of the nursing process in the provision of timely, safe, and appropriate patient/family care.
- Assess the patient and family in systematic and ongoing manner for both overt and covert signs and symptoms.
- Collects pertinent data using appropriate assessment techniques.
- Prioritizes data according to patient’s immediate conditions.
- Involves patient, significant others and appropriate health care providers in collection of data when appropriate.
- Consistently uses clear, concise, and effective written/oral communication and complies with departmental policies when sharing relevant patient care data.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills, derives and documents appropriate diagnoses from patient and family assessment.
- Identifies expected outcomes individualized to patients and provides follow-up care as needed, documents these clinical and educational outcomes consistent with the patient’s diagnoses and capabilities and educates patients and families on treatment of illness, health maintenance and prevention.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide age-specific care and consults appropriate resources when serving patients outside the Center’s regular patient population.
- Effective and appropriate delegation of patient care activities to coworkers.
- Demonstrates technical competence based on patient needs including phlebotomy, IV insertion, informatics, POC testing and proper use of equipment.
- Provides a safe and clean environment through the use of appropriate risk management practices such as labeling and removing broken/expired items from service.
- Provides appropriate follow-up care as needed.
- Practices in compliance with established practice standards, policies, procedures, protocols, and regulations. Completes all mandatory requirements.
- Provides basic education information to patients and family, focusing on self-care appropriate to their age and identified learning considerations and needs.
- Demonstrates an ability to remain calm, perform effectively and professionally during peak periods of activity and emergency situations.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
Please send resumes to:
Email | email@example.com