Adult Integrated Behavioral Health Therapist
The Integrated Behavioral Health Clinician is responsible for conducting face to face sessions with patients and families in order to complete thorough assessments, develop treatment plans, and provide supportive counseling, crisis intervention and brief therapy. Responsible for serving populations with a variety of clinical needs; works with patients and team members to maximize patients’ potential for healthy outcomes. Serves as a liaison between the medical staff and the patient/family and provide interventions designed to minimize patient stress and maximize coping skills to expedite recovery. The clinician will collaborate with all team members to maximize discharge planning and patient progression; participates in clinical training and supervision as needed.
Master’s degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling or related Human service field with current licensure. Previous experience in a medical setting providing solution focused treatment and brief interventions. Experience with early intervention and Children’s Behavioral Health Initiative (CBHI) preferred.
Representative Job Duties
- Provides direct care to patients and families and/or groups of patients by providing assistance with social and practical environmental problems.
- Screens patients to identify psychosocial needs/acuity and opportunity for behavioral health intervention based on case finding, patient needs, and referrals from care team.
- Accurately evaluates social and family situation to determine treatment plan.
- Consistently interprets social, emotional, and family problems to attending physicians and other team members via rounds, and documents as often as indicated by cases.
- Provides emotional support to patients and families and/or groups of patients who may exhibit feelings of anxiety and stress precipitated by illness and hospitalization. Conducts interventions based on needs identified during initial assessment. Advocates for patient and family wishes when appropriate. Provides emotional support to patient and family during hospitalization. Educates patient and family on the intent of the intervention as needed. Inform care team, patient and family of anticipated post-discharge needs.
- Provides counseling to patients and families with issues related to institutional and specialized care in a timely and efficient manner.
- Supports care team during medical crisis, adult & child protection/guardianship, adolescent
- pregnancy, substance dependency/abuse, suicide attempt, trauma/victim of violence, and abuse and/or neglect.
- Completes psychosocial assessment for patients based on initial screening, case finding and referrals. Documents all assessments and progress notes in EPIC according to departmental
- Guidelines; communicates with Care Coordinator and care team based on the outcome of the assessments.
- Patient advocacy, continuum of care, end of life counseling, family meetings, and referrals to community resources, occupational/educational counseling, new diagnosis and/or adjustment to illness counseling, grief and bereavement.
- Maintains acceptable working knowledge of resources needed to provide patients with continuity of care before and after discharge.
- Regularly updates knowledge base on subjects regarding State (Medicaid), Federal (Medicare) requirements and the regulations/resources needed to provide patient with continuity of care.
- Accurately documents and communicates the precise needs of patients to community resources in an efficient and timely manner
- Participates in in-service and staff development activities by attendance, serving on planning committees and/or offering topics for pertinent educational programs.
- Documents all activities relevant to casework, discharge planning and follow-up in accordance with SBCHC and Social Work Policy, Procedure and Guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in education/research activities
- Participates and assists in departmental studies and projects as assigned.
- Provides peer supervision to newly hired social workers.
- Provides education to social work students, medical residents, staff, nursing students and other health students and interns.
- Acts as liaison between the health center and outside agencies/legal authorities and referral sources.
- Acts as therapist in daily therapy sessions and provides individual counseling/problem solving sessions as needed.
- Documents interventions and patient’s response to the intervention in their medical record.
- Effectively responds to the unique needs of patients by demonstrating sensitivity.
- Communicates appropriately using good interpersonal skills.
- Serves, manages and supports internal and external customers.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Participates as a team member and is accountable for own work responsibilities.
- Assumes other duties as required.
Competitive benefits package.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Ambassadors Urge Their Friends to "Get Vax'd"
Youth Ambassadors Urge Their Friends to “Get Vax’d”
Internal Medicine MD
Nurse Practitioner – Family/Adult
Urgent Care opens at 505 Congress Street
An exciting new medical service…
SBCHC Recognized For Being One of the Top Pediatric Primany Care Practices in the State
SBCHC Recognized For Being One…
South Boston Community Health Center Wins MHQP Patient Experience Award
South Boston Community Health Center…