The Financial Counselor assists all non-insured patients applying for medical insurance programs, and facilitates the processing of all information needed to obtain medical coverage.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience with reimbursement, medical plans and Medicaid preferred.
Representative Job Duties
- Interview patients and assist in completing application process through online or paper applications to determine eligibility for various programs.
- Collects documents required for processing of application and forward to appropriate state agency.
- Assists patients in contacting Mass Health when there is an eligibility issue.
- Update Epic system with correct insurance information based on eligibility issue.
- Helps patients to resolve any billing issues follow up with billing department and set up payment plan for balances when necessary.
- Interacts with Patient Support Associate and Billing staff to provide information on non-covered insurance patients.
- Understands and has ability to explain Affordable Care Act and other plans available.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Competitive benefits package.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Ambassadors Urge Their Friends to "Get Vax'd"
Youth Ambassadors Urge Their Friends to “Get Vax’d”
Community Health Worker
Free, wealth-building opportunity for families
Have you heard about the…
Urgent Care opens at 505 Congress Street
An exciting new medical service…
SBCHC Recognized For Being One of the Top Pediatric Primany Care Practices in the State
SBCHC Recognized For Being One…