Epic Clinical Analyst
South Boston Community Health Center is looking for a highly motivated, organized, and process-oriented Epic Clinical Analyst who is interested in making a difference in improving health care for all. The Epic Clinical Analyst will be responsible for helping develop, maintain and track the Epic Electronic Health Record (EHR) as South Boston Community Health Center continues to innovate processes in healthcare. They will join a team of analysts who are daily supporting the EHR, and the Chief Information Officer who is an informaticist continuously developing in the system.
The Epic Clinical Analyst will be responsible for supporting the SBCHC’s mission through daily execution of principal duties and responsibilities described below and project management of operational, communication, training, and security components. Duties may vary over time with product updates and staffing levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Epic Provider Builder Certification or Clinical Content Builder Certification or EpicCare Ambulatory Certification.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively more responsible experience in a health care setting.
- Preferred experience with OCHIN Epic or other Epic Community Connect models that utilize the Service Area Profiles.
- Must have strong organizational skills, as well as attention to detail, and be process-oriented to be self-driven.
- Must have great technology skills.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills.
Representative Job Duties
- The Epic Clinical Analyst, under the supervision of the Chief Information Officer, will be responsible for helping develop and execute code per the architectural plans of the CIO. This will require collaboration with OCHIN staff and their change control processes.
- On a daily basis, monitors the open tickets in the OCHIN JIRA platform to help move forward break-fixes, enhancement requests and new product development.
- On a monthly basis, reviews OCHIN Upgrade packs to look for new workflow opportunities or potential regressions or disruptions in workflows at SBCHC.
- Regular analysis of current tools and opportunities for enhancements or working with teams for training and workflow optimization.
- Work closely with the Health IT Project Manager and Informatics Manager to move projects forward and meet deadlines.
- Conducts on-site staff training and informational sessions on the new tools and workflows we are developing.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Ambassadors Urge Their Friends to "Get Vax'd"
Youth Ambassadors Urge Their Friends to “Get Vax’d”
RN Planning to Become NP
Quality Improvement Project Manager
Urgent Care opens at 505 Congress Street
An exciting new medical service…
SBCHC Recognized For Being One of the Top Pediatric Primany Care Practices in the State
SBCHC Recognized For Being One…
South Boston Community Health Center Wins MHQP Patient Experience Award
South Boston Community Health Center…