Medical Assistant – Seaport Location
Under the direct supervision of a provider or registered nurse, the Medical Assistant provides clinical services to Center patients and also provides administrative support to the assigned patient area.
This position is located at our Seaport Clinic, 505 Congress Street, South Boston, MA 02210
36 hours per week – 10-7:30 – Mon – Thurs
High School Diploma or Equivalent; Certification in Medical Assistant Training or enrollment in nursing school, physician assistant school or completion of bachelor’s degree with health science training.
Representative Job Duties
- Obtains vital signs, performs point of care testing, EKGs and screenings for primary care and specialty patients in the outpatient setting.
- Assists the registered nurse and provider in provision of clinical care as directed especially with vaccine and medication administration, procedures, pre-visit planning and care coordination.
- Greets patients and provides nonconfidential information to patients and visitors.
- Answers telephone calls, takes messages and refers emergency calls to appropriate staff.
- Ensures patient information is up to date in the computer system.
- Coordinates obtaining outside records for new patients and patients with outside specialty care.
- Maintains and clean and well run busy outpatient clinic, specifically the stocking of rooms, rooming of patients, and flow of patient from arrival in the department to departure after completion of their visit and scheduling any return visits.
- Helps to troubleshoot when providers are running behind, patients are running late, patients are complicated and need extra nursing support, and help to reassigns patients/staff as needed.
- Exhibits excellent customer service in all care provision.
- Assists patients in a manner that promotes the perception that staff is courteous, efficient and genuinely interested in patient’s well-being.
- Maintains communication with provider and patient during appointment sessions as to patient volume, waiting status and any delays in provider’s schedule.
- Maintains positive working relationship with all departments within the health center.
- Maintains positive working relationship with supervisory and administrative staff.
- Performs all other duties as requested by supervisor to ensure efficient overall performance of the facility and quality patient care.
- Orders supplies and maintains an adequate inventory of stocked items.
- Maintains inventory of necessary supplies and equipment. Keeps all procedure equipment clean, sterilized and in good working order. Reports any equipment problems to appropriate person for repair.
- Follows appropriate infection control policies and helps maintain safe environment for patients, visitors and staff.
- Transports patients via wheelchair to other parts of the Center.
- Assumes other duties as requested.
Competitive benefits package. Generous tuition assistance after 1 year of service.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Youth Ambassadors Urge Their Friends to "Get Vax'd"
Youth Ambassadors Urge Their Friends to “Get Vax’d”
Internal Medicine MD
Nurse Practitioner – Family/Adult
Urgent Care opens at 505 Congress Street
An exciting new medical service…
SBCHC Recognized For Being One of the Top Pediatric Primany Care Practices in the State
SBCHC Recognized For Being One…
South Boston Community Health Center Wins MHQP Patient Experience Award
South Boston Community Health Center…