Patient Support Associate – Eye/Dental Departments
The Patient Support Associate (PSA) is the first person with whom a patient or patients family member will interact either upon arrival at the practice or via phone conversations prior to the visit. The PSA is responsible for ensuring optimization of the patient visit by positively impacting the patients care through knowledgeable, reliable and courteous interactions. Further, the PSA ensures the accuracy of the patients’ demographic and insurance information. The PSA works closely with all care team members and is responsible for performing a variety of office functions including: answering incoming phone calls; scheduling appointments; greeting patients and family members; and collecting co-payments.
High School diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred. Customer service and experience working in a health care setting preferred.
Representative Job Duties
- Greets patients in a friendly and attentive manner.
- Registers patients within Epic EMR ensuring all demographic, insurance, and billing information are correct; Crucial data fields include but are not limited to:
- A Non South Boston PCP listed with the insurance company
- Insurance ID
- Authorization Methods
- Patient’s Demographics
- Guarantor’s/Subscriber’s Demographics
- Assures the highest quality standards for all written and verbal communications with coworkers and manager.
- Verifies department’s two patient identifiers to satisfy HIPAA Compliance.
- Books appointments in accordance with the clinic’s appointment types, processes and guidelines while incorporating the Patient Centered Medical Home model.
- Daily Cash Management.
- Responsible for security of daily cash, maintains copay banks, collects copays, deductibles and self-pay payments in accordance with organizations procedures, accurately documents payments within patient’s receivables, while always providing a receipt.
- Sustains knowledge of insurance plans and requirements to guarantee all the front line information is provided for the visit claim to become approved.
- Performs daily insurance verification for next day appointments. Contacts patient’s for any necessary insurance assistance to guarantee insurance coverage will be provided at the time of the visit. Record Patient Responsibility Forms when needed. Documents insurance allowance for specialty clinics when needed.
- Performs reminder calls for appointments when necessary for clinic.
- Accepts additional responsibilities as requested.
Competitive benefits package. Generous tuition assistance after 1 year of service.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Ambassadors Urge Their Friends to "Get Vax'd"
Youth Ambassadors Urge Their Friends to “Get Vax’d”
Pediatric Registered Nurse
RN Planning to Become NP
Urgent Care opens at 505 Congress Street
An exciting new medical service…
SBCHC Recognized For Being One of the Top Pediatric Primany Care Practices in the State
SBCHC Recognized For Being One…
South Boston Community Health Center Wins MHQP Patient Experience Award
South Boston Community Health Center…