Provides optimal nutrition care to health center patients through assessing nutrition needs, developing, implementing and re-evaluating nutrition care plans; and educating patients and families. Provides nutrition education to food pantry and other low-income clients of the agency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Foods and Nutrition.
- One (1) year of outpatient experience in a clinical/community nutrition required.
- Registered Dietitian, current Massachusetts licensure.
- Working as an effective member of a team as well as working independently is required.
- Must be comfortable with use of technology, including electronic health record and database management.
Physical Requirements: Ability to bend, pull and carry up to 70 pounds; OSHA Job Classification II
Commitment: Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external) in accordance with the SBCHC mission and vision values. The Registered Dietitian encounters confidential patient related and organizational material on a regular basis. It is essential that all Center rules about confidentiality be followed. If the Registered Dietitian anticipates or encounters a conflict, he/she should speak immediately with the Director of Nursing, Clinical Practice Manager, Medical Director or the Human Resources Managers.
Representative Job Duties
- Assess, counsel, and provide nutrition education to health center patients
- Assist in development of educational materials and activities
- Facilitate group nutrition-related activities
- Communicate with patients and their families via phone, patient portal and in-person
- As part of the Clinical Team, maintain a close, cooperative relationship with providers and members of the Nursing Teams, Managed Care nurses and QI staff
- Participate in Quality Improvement initiatives
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor or other members of leadership staff
Reports to: Director of Nursing
Competitive benefits package.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Youth Ambassadors Urge Their Friends to "Get Vax'd"
Youth Ambassadors Urge Their Friends to “Get Vax’d”
Patient Transport Driver
Medical Secretary – Call Center
Insurance Verification Coordinator
Urgent Care opens at 505 Congress Street
An exciting new medical service…
SBCHC Recognized For Being One of the Top Pediatric Primany Care Practices in the State
SBCHC Recognized For Being One…
South Boston Community Health Center Wins MHQP Patient Experience Award
South Boston Community Health Center…