The state has launched a new free telehealth program to help patients more easily access COVID-19 treatment
May 9, 2022
Telehealth is a quick and easy way to see if Paxlovid, a COVID-19 treatment pill taken by mouth, is right for you. This is a new service provided by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
• The COVID-19 telehealth program is a quick, easy, and free way for individuals to see if Paxlovid is an appropriate treatment for them. Paxlovid is a COVID-19 treatment pill taken orally that can reduce the risk for severe symptoms and hospitalization by nearly 90 percent.
• This program is available to all COVID-19 positive individuals 18 years or older who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and currently live in Massachusetts.
• The telehealth visit consists of a short health intake survey and, if eligible, a video consultation with a health care clinician. During the telehealth visit, similar to an in-person visit with a medical provider, the clinician will review symptoms and risk factors, and determine if Paxlovid treatment is appropriate.
• If an individual is eligible for the treatment, the clinician will send a prescription to a pharmacy conveniently located for the individual or, if necessary, arrange for free overnight delivery of Paxlovid to an individual’s home.
• This program can be accessed at Free telehealth for COVID-19 treatment with Paxlovid | Mass.gov and is available in English, Spanish, Haitian Creole and Portuguese.