All who seek care are welcome here.
Below is a series of steps, along with the required documentation, that you will need to complete for your first visit.
1. Browse our provider listing to get an idea of whom you would like to choose to provide your care. Feel free to view their care team as well.
2. Contact us to discuss the availability of the provider you have chosen. We understand that some of our providers' schedules may not complement your schedule. In this case, our Patient Support Associates can assist you with choosing another provider on their care team to best meet your needs. They will also direct you as to which provider should be listed as your Primary Care Provider with your insurance company.
3. At SBCHC, we accept most major insurance carriers. Contact your insurance company (the number can usually be found on the back of your insurance card), to make sure we are in-network or to switch your PCP to a provider at SBCHC. If you have an HMO plan, you must have a South Boston Community Health Center Provider listed as your PCP with your insurance carrier, prior to being seen in primary care. If you are uninsured, please access our Health Insurance Services team to better understand the options that will be offered to you.
4. Print out and complete our registration form: Registration Profile
5. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your visit with the documentation listed above, a photo ID and your insurance card.
Late Patient Policy
At SBCHC, we take all of our scheduled patients into consideration. Please be advised that we do enforce a Late Patient Policy to ensure that our clinic runs efficiently.
Our policy is as follows:
- 20 to 40 minutes late: the registration staff will call the department to ask whether or not you will need to be rescheduled. If the provider is willing to see you that day, you will be asked to wait until the next opening or until the end of the provider's session.
- Over 40 minutes late: you will be asked to reschedule your appointment to another time.
Transferring Care to SBCHC
If you would like to begin receiving your care at SBCHC, it will be helpful to obtain your records from your current PCP. Please visit our Medical Record Request page to learn more about how to request a Release of Information form.