Eye Care at South Boston Community Health Center
The vision and eye care specialists and doctors, including ophthalmologists and optometrists, at South Boston Community Health Center are here to promote effective eye care practices and contribute to your overall good health.
About the Eye Care Department at South Boston Community Health Center
The Eye Care Department at South Boston Community Health Center delivers care to adults and children 6 years and older. We pride ourselves in giving the most comprehensive care possible, by a team of experienced optometrists and consulting ophthalmologist, all right in the South Boston neighborhood.
Eye exams can help detect cataracts, glaucoma and retinal disease, as well as diabetes and high-blood pressure. It is important for children to be examined early and often, to prevent the development of strabismus (an eye turn or lazy eye) and amblyopia (decrease in vision, not corrected by glasses). A proper eyeglass prescription can help improve the quality and function of your life.
Eye care services at South Boston Community Health Center include:
- Comprehensive vision exam
- Pediatric vision exam (for children 6-years-old and older)
- Contact lenses (including astigmatism and bifocal contact lenses)
- Diagnostic and medical treatment of eye diseases
- Urgent care
- Cataract and glaucoma surgery consultation/referrals
- Low vision treatment
- Advanced testing instruments (fundus photography, anterior segment photography, automated visual field testing and optic coherence tomography)
- Eyeglasses dispensary
We accept most insurances, including MassHealth and various vision plans. Please contact our Eye Care Department for specifics on insurance and the cost of contact lenses and glasses.
CONTACT THE SOUTH BOSTON COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER EYE CARE SERVICE
Phone | 617-464-5800