The Referral Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all South Boston Community Health Center’s patients through the referral process.
High School Diploma; knowledge of the referral and prior authorization system.
Representative Job Duties
- Collects request for SBCHC and outside specialists or diagnostic visits and determines whether managed care authorization is needed.
- Obtains provider authorization (or denial) for a referral and notifies outside specialists and patients of authorization numbers.
- Documents in the medical record: details about referral; the steps to making the referral ; and communications regarding the referral
- Serves as liaison between the outside specialist and referring physician and schedules internal and external appointments.
- Notifies patients of scheduled appointments and educates them about their appointments and any necessary preparation.
- Interacts with insurance companies to obtain the prior authorizations for the patients for high tech radiology procedures and dealing with out of network referrals and worker’s comp. cases.
- Assumes other duties as required.
Competitive benefits package. Generous tuition assistance after 1 year of service
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Youth Ambassadors Urge Their Friends to "Get Vax'd"
Youth Ambassadors Urge Their Friends to “Get Vax’d”
Community Health Worker
Free, wealth-building opportunity for families
Have you heard about the…
Urgent Care opens at 505 Congress Street
An exciting new medical service…
SBCHC Recognized For Being One of the Top Pediatric Primany Care Practices in the State
SBCHC Recognized For Being One…