Mental health is an integral part of your total health and wellness.
At the South Boston Community Health Center, our patients benefit from having a Behavioral Health Team on site. Our highly qualified staff work side-by-side with your primary care providers to set up supportive services, from food and housing resources to intensive therapy services. The BH and Social Services department offers a range of services to the community, including:
- Individual and Group therapy for adults, adolescents, children and families
- Adult psychopharmacological evaluation and medication management
- Psychiatric and Substance Abuse evaluation and referral
- Crisis intervention
- Treatment and support for common diagnoses, including but not limited to:
- Chronic pain
- Grief and loss
- Substance abuse
- Stress and anger
- Anxiety and depression
- Bipolar Disorder
This department also offers prenatal education, domestic violence safety planning and referrals to community resources. As a teaching program, we currently have several Masters level interns who work within our primary care setting to provide our patients with information on other community, city and national programs, as well.
Patients must have a PCP at South Boston Community Health Center to access our behavioral health services. This means, you must have a SBCHC provider listed with your insurance. To find out who your insurance has as your PCP (or to switch your PCP), just call your insurance plan on the customer service number found on the back of your insurance card. To learn more about how to switch your PCP to South Boston Community Health Center, call and speak to our Financial Counseling department at 617-269-7500.
Phone | 617-269-7500
- Special interests:Addiction counseling, substance abuse disorder, court involvement, trauma issues, self-esteem building, mindfulnessLanguages:English
- Board certification:Licensed Independent Clinical Social WorkerSpecial interests:Anxiety, depression, cognitive behavioral therapy, mindfulness-based cognitive therapyLanguages:English
- Board certification:Licensed Independent Clinical Social WorkerSpecial interests:Outpatient counseling, Group therapy, Substance use intervention, Trauma, CBT, Motivational interviewing, Mindfulness, SBCHC Youth Ambassadors ProgramLanguages:English
- Board certification:Licensed Independent Clinical Social WorkerLanguages:English
- Medical school:Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown UniversityBoard certification:ABPN Adult Psychiatry, ABPN Child & Adolescent Psychiatry CertifiedResidency:Maine Medical Center, Portland, MESpecial interests:Early Childhood Development & Attachment, Early Onset Psychosis, Autism Spectrum Disorders and other Developmental DisabilitiesLanguages:English
- Board certification:Licensed Independent Clinical Social WorkerSpecial interests:Anxiety, solution-focused therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, affordable housingLanguages:English, Spanish
- Special interests:Relationship work, couples counseling, family therapy, Attachment Theory, cognitive behavioral therapy, trauma issuesLanguages:English