Under the direct supervision of a provider or registered nurse, the Medical Assistant provides clinical services to Center patients and also provides administrative support to the assigned patient area.
High School Diploma or Equivalent; Certification in Medical Assistant Training or Equivalent.
Representative Job Duties
- Assists the registered nurse and provider in provision of care as directed.
- Greets patients and provides nonconfidential information to patients and visitors.
- Assists the providers with exams and procedures.
- Obtains and labels specimens according to protocol.
- Answers telephone calls, takes messages and refers emergency calls to appropriate staff.
- Can register patients and update patient information on the computer system.
- Transports patients via wheelchair to other parts of the Center.
- Orders supplies and maintains an adequate inventory of stocked items.
- Washes exam tables, counter surfaces and chairs daily.
- Maintains equipment and promptly reports any problems. Cleans and/or sterilizes instruments and cleans autoclave per protocol.
- Follows appropriate infection control policies and helps maintain safe environment for patients, visitors and staff.
- Assumes other duties as requested.
Competitive benefits package. Generous tuition reimbursement after 1 year of service.
Please send resumes to:
Email | firstname.lastname@example.org