FACT 1- The HPV vaccine is effective in preventing cancer The vaccine has been proven, through numerous studies, to prevent the cell changes that can lead to HPV-associated cancers such as:
- Flu activity is increasing, but it's not too late to protect yourself. Visit SBCHC to get your flu shot today. Walk-ins welcome.
- If you haven't already, visit the South Boston Community Health Center to get your flu shot today. No appointment necessary.
- Tips for Riding out the Winter Storms Indoors Below, you will find recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on how to defend against the cold this winter. Tips include:
- Safety Tips for Extreme Cold and Winter Storm Weather Below, you will find recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on how to defend against the cold this winter. Tips include:
- Take time to get a flu vaccine. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends a yearly flu vaccine as the first and most important step in protecting against influenza and its potentially serious complications.
- Protect yourself and others from influenza (the flu)
- The sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays can damage your skin in as little as 15 minutes. Follow these recommendations to help protect yourself and your family.
- The Benefits of Physical Activity Regular physical activity is one of the most important things you can do for your health. It can help:
- MEMA Offers Precautions for Approaching Extreme Cold Weather