Date Posted: March 7, 2023
The Registered Nurse promotes and restores patient’s health as she/he provides, delegates, evaluates and coordinates comprehensive professional nursing care for patients of all ages, gender, cultures, and background. This individual may oversee clinical care of other personnel including Medical Assistants.
Active license as registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. 1-2 years of nursing experience preferred.
Representative Job Duties
- Works as an integral part of the community health primary care team to manage the medical care of patients from a diverse mix of age, race, socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Consistently and effectively utilizes all steps of the nursing process in the provision of timely, safe, and appropriate patient care.
- Works calmly and efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Assess patients both by phone triage and in person in the primary care setting. Using established protocols and collaborating with the primary care provider provides appropriate medical care and delegates for a higher level of care accordingly.
- Involves patient, significant others and appropriate health care providers in care when appropriate.
- Consistently uses clear, concise, and effective written/oral communication and complies with departmental policies when sharing relevant patient care data.
- Provides health education to patients and family appropriate for their age, educational and cultural background.
- Works closely with the medical assistant and medical secretary staff to ensure patients receive timely and efficiently coordinated care including provision of prescriptions and health related paperwork.
- Demonstrates technical competence based on patient needs including phlebotomy, IV insertion and IV fluid administration, POC testing, medication administration and vaccine and medication injections.
- Uses 5 right medication guidelines to minimize errors in medication administration.
- Provides a safe and clean environment through the use of appropriate risk management practices.
- Practices in compliance with established practice standards, policies, procedures, protocols, and regulations. Completes all mandatory trainings.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
Competitive benefits package. Generious tuition assistance after 1 year of service.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Youth Ambassadors Urge Their Friends to "Get Vax'd"
Youth Ambassadors Urge Their Friends to “Get Vax’d”
Insurance Verification Coordinator
Patient Support Associate – Urgent Care
Urgent Care opens at 505 Congress Street
An exciting new medical service…
SBCHC Recognized For Being One of the Top Pediatric Primany Care Practices in the State
SBCHC Recognized For Being One…
South Boston Community Health Center Wins MHQP Patient Experience Award
South Boston Community Health Center…
What You're Saying
“I feel that it is a well-oiled machine, with Dr. Brout at South Boston. I just can't say enough good things! They know why I am there without a computer, since everybody knows what is going on with me, all staff. Everybody is on the same page, for a level of healthcare I had never experienced.”
Family Medicine Patient 2022
“I like the doctors my son has. They listen, are very understanding, and seem like they care. I just like how they are with my son.”
Parent of Behavioral Health Patient 2022
“I like the attentiveness and feeling heard. I appreciate the fact that providers always make me feel involved in decisions.”
Behavioral Health Patient 2022
“I like that the service is more personalized because you know the people, and that is very important.”
Dental Patient 2022
“I liked that they were attentive and fast. They gave me the support I needed and were empathetic and organized. I went to a lot of departments, and all of the staff was this way.”
Family Medicine Patient 2022
“The staff in the lab, Verinta or "V," is amazing. My son was literally giddy with delight at her joking and playfulness. He was actually so happy with her, he didn't react to the blood draw, but then cried outside a tiny bit with a delayed reaction like "hey, wait, that hurt." She is an absolutely phenomenal addition to the phlebotomy team! Overall, a great experience.”
Parent of a Pediatric Patient
“Dr. Kane always asks me if I understand everything and whether or not I need further clarification... I really appreciate him explaining everything so in depth.”
Eye Care Patient 2018
“There’s an emphasis on education here. Dr. Chiakpo and Marianna (a nurse in training) provided a lot of background concerning my issue and even brought in diagrams, which I greatly appreciated, since I’m a visual learner. They both gave me space to ask questions on everything. I really appreciated the time they spent with me.”
Family Medicine Patient 2018
“I truly enjoyed the sweetness of Dr. Biffi. She was very detailed in her explanations, and thoroughly checked and re-checked everything. She really impressed me.The assistant was also very good, dedicated, and professional.”
Eye Care Patient 2018
“My ride was late, but Dr. Green waited an hour for me. When I got there, she took me right in, so that was very nice. She gave me a prescription; she actually brought the prescription all the way outside to give it to me, since I had forgotten it. She is excellent! Everyone is very nice and very understanding. I really liked the center; everyone was very cordial to me.””
Adult Medicine Patient 2018