RN Planning to Become NP
South Boston Community Health Center is seeking a Full Time RN who is looking to pursue a career as a Nurse Practitioner. This individual will be hired as a Full Time RN in our primary care site where they will work first full time (40 hours) for one year. Then, as they begin their graduate work will continue as an RN for SBCHC while the health center provides clinical precepting and hours at the facility.
- Active license as registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Representative Job Duties
- Works as an integral part of the community health primary care team to manage the medical care of patients from a diverse mix of age, race, socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Consistently and effectively utilizes all steps of the nursing process in the provision of timely, safe, and appropriate patient care.
- Works calmly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Assess patients both by phone triage and in person in the primary care setting. Using established protocols and collaborating with the primary care provider provides appropriate medical care and delegates for a higher level of care accordingly.
- Involves patients, significant others and appropriate health care providers in care when appropriate. • Consistently uses clear, concise, and effective written/oral communication and complies with departmental policies when sharing relevant patient care data.
- Provides health education to patients and family appropriate for their age, educational and cultural background.
- Works closely with the medical assistant and medical secretary staff to ensure patients receive timely and efficiently coordinated care including provision of prescriptions and health related paperwork.
- Demonstrates technical competence based on patient needs including phlebotomy, IV insertion and IV fluid administration, POC testing, medication administration and vaccine and medication injections. • Uses 5 right medication guidelines to minimize errors in medication administration.
- Provides a safe and clean environment using appropriate risk management practices.
- Practices in compliance with established practice standards, policies, procedures, protocols, and regulations. Completes all mandatory trainings.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Ambassadors Urge Their Friends to "Get Vax'd"
Youth Ambassadors Urge Their Friends to “Get Vax’d”
Pediatric Registered Nurse
RN Planning to Become NP
Urgent Care opens at 505 Congress Street
An exciting new medical service…
SBCHC Recognized For Being One of the Top Pediatric Primany Care Practices in the State
SBCHC Recognized For Being One…
South Boston Community Health Center Wins MHQP Patient Experience Award
South Boston Community Health Center…